Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Friday, 11th May 2007

To: Masaka

Don't know how, but these things just happen. Twice in 2 days, I've managed to get other people pushing my bike up steep hills. In my defense, it wasn't my idea this time. I was approaching Masaka from the Rakai District side. Much to my surprise (I think I've only ever approached Masaka from this side in a car before, so I never noticed), there is a big huge whopping HILL on this approach! I surprised even myself by actually peddling up half that hill. But then I stopped and started pushing. Only pushed a few minutes before these 3 nice secondary student girls came along.

One of the girls said to me (I SWEAR, it was not my idea!), "Give us the bike. We will push." Well, what could I do? She was ordering me!! So, here is a photo of my girl friends, pushing the bike up that hill. You can't tell from this photo, but the hill really was steep - really!

Had a really fun night, playing pool in the two pubs, across the road from the White Nile Inn, where I stayed. Can't believe it! Made it to Masaka. Wow, this is getting more and more exciting! So close to home.

-------------- TODAY ------------ TOTAL
Cycled -------- 51 km (32 mi) ---- 5,329 km (3,337 mi)
Lift ----------- 0 --------------- 2,660 km (1,768 mi)
Total --------- 51 km (32 mi) ---- 7,989 km (5,105 mi)
In Saddle ----- 4 hours ---------- 361 hours 19 min
Ascended ------ 1,040 feet ------- 94,945 feet

No comments: