Monday, May 14, 2007

Friday, 4th May 2007

To: Dodoma

Made it to Dodoma. Somehow I thought I was going someplace. Was all excited to get to - Dodoma! The capital of Tanzania! Harrumph! Dodoma is not a destination one should ever strive to get to. Mbeya was much greater.

I tried to find the hotel where we had camped as a group, when we came through here with TDA about a month ago, but I couldn't remember the name of it. It was nice. There was an outdoor bar attached, with a pool table. It was nice, but I couldn't find it. Instead, I stayed at the Dodoma Hotel, right across the road from the train station. It was fine.

----------------- TODAY ------------------ TOTAL
Cycled --------- 76 km (48 mi) ------------- 4,942 km (3,095 mi)
Lift ---------------- 0 ------------------------- 2,660 km (1,768 mi)
Total ----------- 76 km (48 mi) ------------- 7,602 km (4,863 mi)
In Saddle ------- 5 hours 40 min ------------ 333 hours 4 min
Ascended ------- 540 feet ------------------ 89,341 feet

No comments: