Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Saturday, 12th May 2007

To: Matugga

Yeeeahhhhh! Made it to Matugga! That is almost home! I have one more day (only) of riding to do, to get to Entebbe. I will stay here in Matugga this week and visit with my good friend, Nalongo. She is Annet's sister (Annet, who came visiting a couple of months ago, when we were in Arusha). Next Friday or Saturday, I'll ride the remaining distance to Entebbe, which I think is only about 70 or 75 km.

Here is a picture of a very fancy sign that I saw on my last day in Tanzania, 3 days ago. I forgot to post it then. Isn't it fancy?

--------------- TODAY ------------- TOTAL
Cycled --------- 84 km (53 mi) -----
Lift ------------ 45 km (28 mi) ----
Total ----------- 129 km (81 mi) ---

4 comments:

mutunga said...

Hi ,
It is amazing to note that you are still riding.
I thought you were to board a bus back to Uganda.
Keep us updated up to the end.
Thanks for the wonderful stories and photos.
I admire your courage. Keep it up.

Regards John (Nairobi)

Anonymous said...

heello

Anonymous said...

Leigh Anne,
It's wonderful to see you are still on two wheels and going strong. What a fantastic journey!!! Makes a YJA trip look like a walk in the park.
Please think about riding with us again it would be great to see you.
Maria and Angela send their love.
Andy Dags

SarahC said...

hey Leigh Anne, its Sarah, the girl you met in Ssanje. I've been trying to get a hold of you via phone, but maybe I have the wrong number. I will be coming into Enteebe on Friday the 29th at 10:10pm my number 0774368851. If you get this message, I would still like to meet you when I get back. If not, maybe some other time :-) Have a super day! My flight leaves America at 4pm tomorrow, can't wait to get back to uganda.
-sarah